Beautiful Bath

A couple of weeks ago, I took my first trip to Bath.
Due to the fact that the city is just over half an hour away from the concrete jungle of Bristol, I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I didn't know quite what to expect, but it definitely was more than I imagined! Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time wandering around this lovely place as I specifically went there for a gig (typical me!). However, I really wish I had more time as it is one of the prettiest cities I have visited in the UK.

On the night of the live show, I stayed overnight at a hotel which was around 12 miles away from Bath itself situated in a pretty little village called Radstock - there were no available hotels in the city on the night I wished to stay, which was annoying). The Radstock Hotel was a very lovely hotel, which is above a pub. Even though it was a Saturday night, it wasn't as loud as you would expect; in fact you couldn't hear any noise at all from downstairs!

The breakfast the following morning was really lovely and all of the staff I encountered were very polite and would do anything to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to escape the city rush in the night time at a weekend! You can take the local bus from the village, which is only a short walk from the hotel, so it is fairly cheap to get around averaging at around £4.50 for a return ticket.

After the travel into Bath on Sunday morning, I took the time to wander around the quaint streets of Bath city centre. It was especially beautiful as it is the run up to Christmas so it was filled with Christmas lights and decor. On the weekend I visited, it was on one of the first few days of the annual Christmas Market, so you could of got an early Christmas present for a loved one from one of the independent retailers around this area if you wished. Walking around the city centre, it felt like I was in love.











There are a lot of independent stores in the centre as well as your usual high street stores suiting every budget from Primark to All Saints and Anthropologie, which is really great. The one thing that really stood out to me in Bath was the classic, historical feel to the city. As the hours went on, I didn't want to leave this wonderful place but I had to! I will definitely have to travel here again soon to really get the full effect, as I didn't get to explore every crevice! I would recommend it to any international tourists that would like to explore a new area of the UK, as well as people already living in the UK that would like to visit somewhere different for a romantic break for example. Bath is a truly wonderful place and I would go again in a heartbeat!

Where I Stayed: The Radstock Hotel 

I x

0 comments:

Post a Comment